4K views

I was told by the sales rep that the Lifeproof iPhone case would last for years.So I figured $100 would be worth it in not having to replace the case every 5-6 months like I had to do with others.

The little rubber tab on the Lifeproof case that is used to mute the phone is ripping after about 2 months. I think I used the mute tab 4 times, now the case is not waterproof because of it. This product is supposed to be worth $100? I don't think so.

Factor in that it is almost all plastic its probably worth $4. This is a money maker for the company and the product is not worth the money.

Do not buy this product.Waste of money, and your phone will get damaged because of it.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of waterproof case and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Lifeproof needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned waterproof case in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lifeproof.

Had an Experience with Lifeproof?

Comments

Same thing happened to me.I never touched the thing until nearly a year in and then I found out how it worked.

Bam.

It ripped .Bad design.

Same problem, after 7 months of gentle use.

Same here !!!! I like the case but the table is ripped... No longer waterproof, now I have to treat it like any other case.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States #1262260

Same problem, mute tab often didn't work and continues not to. Tore very quickly and now is left hanging by a thread. Have sent in warranty claim but replacement has not been confirmed yet, although it is well within the 1 year warranty.

Jenks, Oklahoma, United States #1191086

Same prob here

Please cancel my order because im out of the country already thanks... My invoice number is 374917472

I have the iPhone 6 case with battery charger and the same thing happened to me. It is essentially useless now with regard to it's waterproof ability.

Same thing happened to me, TWICE. Ordered a new case for free because it was still under warranty, now it has ripped again after about 4 months of gentle use. If you have long fingernails I also highly suggest you do not get this case as switching the mute button will rip the case and leave it not water proof