Dear LifeProof team,

I purchased a Lifeproof case for iPhone 6 on April, 2 of 2015, because of the water protection (I work in an wet environment). I did not registered to the TWPPS, since I trusted that a $79.00 case would protect my device. Last week (09/17/15) I have claimed a new case under the warranty (Incident Number: 13046074, Order Number: CRM13046074, picture attached) - it had some smalls damage in the “silent mode” part and also other minor damages.

Lifreproof shipped it on the next day (I did not received it yet).

Unfortunately, yesterday (September 20) my phone suffered water damage at the lab that I work, 5 months after I purchased the case. I immediately called Lifeproof when I returned home. I was on hold for over 30 min and my phone call was not answered.

I attempted to find the policy on-line but I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for, and what I did find was extremely confusing.

I needed the phone for work the next day. I went to the T-Mobile store today and they confirmed that the phone suffered un-repairable water damage. They switched out my phone after a paid a deductible of $175 (fortunately I had insurance, Assurant Solutions are approved my claim and supposed to ship it ASAP).

I called Lifeproof again the today and was able to get through this time. Because I replaced my phone (since I needed it for work), my warranty was considered void and they would not do anything for me. I was not eligible for a refund on the fee that I paid since I replaced it with T-Mobile.

I’m wondering to ask to Lifeproof Company refund me with at least the costs paid to replace my phone: $175. I really enjoy these cases, always used and recommend it to all my friends.

Please, let me know how to proceed in order to have it solved.

Thiago Raggi

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $175. This person is overall dissatisfied with Lifeproof. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lifeproof.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Gadgets and Accessories category for more informed decision or compare Lifeproof to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Lifeproof?

Comments