1.8

Life Proof Case let me down when I needed it most!Do not trust a life proof case for any phone.

Get a Samsung Element or Motorola Brigadier if you want a true waterproof phone! While visiting Destin Florida 5/29/15 around 10pm my nephew had an epileptic seizure and fell off the end of the boat docks behind the Harbor Walk! I dove in after him they had the lights out it was dark and I could not see him. I was lucky enough to see the ripples from where he went in and I dove towards them and felt him under the water.

I got my arm around his neck pulled his head out of the water and swam to the pylon with him. I was yelling for help but no one came for the first 2 minutes or so. They have ropes hanging down for the boats to tie too and I got one of those and got my foot in the loop then I was able to get my arm around it to free my hand up to get my phone. I remember thinking its lucky I have a life proof case!

WRONG! Failed me in the biggest way I hit the button to use siri to call 911 but phone screen turned pixels and went black! Luckily someone was on a boat docked near where he fell and they finally heard us and helped me get him out. To add insult to injury Lifeproof charged me 50 dollars to process my claim and wont get my phone to me for 5 days.

This is also my second case the first one tore up after less than a year! So any friends out there that think this case is waterproof be forewarned it might not be! A major flaw I see with them is the charging port has a latch that seems to wear out and peel at the face. It should be more of a plug cap with an o ring on it like my old commando phone has which is what I am using now until my phone and case come in the mail.

Unhappy with i phone and Lifeproof cant wait to get a new Motorola Brigadier I have had the Motorola waterproof phones in the past and actually took pictures underwater with them so I know those are reliable in and around water.Lifeproof Buyers beware you have been warned!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of iphone 5 waterproof case and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Lifeproof needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned iphone 5 waterproof case in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lifeproof.

Had an Experience with Lifeproof?

Comments